Friday, September 10, 2010

Wooden Shoes and Rain

We arrived on a Tuesday afternoon after a lovely first class flight through Iceland (that's what I get for booking late). Our first adventure was to rent a car...a manual. After some stopping and starting we made it out of the airport in one piece. Who knew you can still remember how to drive a stick after 20+ years.

So we checked into an IBIS Hotel near the airport so I didn't have to drive downtown Amsterdam ( I really didn't want to end up in a canal). This was considered a three star under the Netherlands rating scale. I would say that the services provided match what I would expect in the US.  The room also matched expectations. It was clean, had nice windows, and  was an average size room....
Here is there link if you want to make reservations...   http://www.channels.nl/10445.html

No comments:

Post a Comment